Below are a few of the websites I frequent. All are very well done and packed with information about hiking and climbing in Idaho and beyond.
- IdahoSummits.com – The premier website for mountain climbing in Idaho. Full of excellent trip reports including detailed route information, great photos, and lots more.
- SummitPost.org – User driven website packed with specifics on mountains all over the world including a few hundred from Idaho. Check out some of my pages and photos, my username is "Super Dave”.
- Splattski's Adventures – Tons of trip reports and photos, Not better place to get a good mountain fix.
- Idahoaclimbingguide.com – Website for the book that stands alone as the most comprehensive text for mountain climbing in Idaho.
- JustHiking.com – Another site with great Idaho trip reports. The author has now moved to Colorado so there’s a bunch of info for that area as well.
- ClimbingIdaho.com – More route descriptions for peaks in Idaho.
- HikingInIdaho.com – Great Idaho adventures with fantastic photos and route maps.
- Lists of John - Idaho Peaks – Maps and statistics for tons of peaks in Idaho (over 5700 different peaks) and beyond.
IdahoAlpineZone is unofficially sponsored by Skippy Peanut Butter.